Sunday 24 August 2008

Give Me Something to Blog About.

Blog- diary, journal, story of my life. This is it, the web pages and windows in which I will fill with the fabulous confabululate of my life. Whether it be underage sex, fashion, politics or anything else that may take my fancy being a teenage girl. Why did I start this? Sheer boredom has a part of this- but sometimes my life gets so hectic that I need somewhere to remind myself of what's actually going on in it- and where better than the internet? The effect on the internet in my life is huge- whether I like it or not. I find myself walking around my school sometimes, and hearing 'I'll trade you his email adress for bebo love' or 'I'll myspace you for a facebook comment'. I have a friends who cannot go a day without checking their various profiles on popular social networking sites such as myspace, bebo and facebook. But I must admit- I'm just as bad. I use everything, I do much of my homework with the help of yahoo answers, I have regular 'profile updates' where I organise my blogs, pictures and comments before posting new ones. It's considered rude not to reply to a comment or accept and new friend. And not having a boyfriend or girlfriend CLEARLY stated as such on a profile is like not wearing you're wedding ring and telling everyone you're single. But is the young obsession with IM-ing, emailing, blogging and the likes really harmless? Or does it distort our views on social reality? Just beacause someone is our friend on myspace, would really say Hi to them on the street? Would you really tell a stranger they to join your fanclub on the bus? Do you mentally order your friends like you do your top 16? Personally I pray this isn't the future for my generation, but I suppose trading fruit and veg for bebo love would be quite handy.

xox Qwerty.

No comments: